Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Small Hands, guitar?

Hello, I%26#039;ve had a Fender Strat laying around for about 3-4 years. I%26#039;ve been practicing but always have a hard time playing simple chords. I have very small hands and can only reach 3 frets comfortably. Are there any techniques for people with small hands to play a guitar successfully?





I always get frustrated whenever I practice, because I can%26#039;t seem to reach more complex chords let alone reaching basic chords. Somebody please help. Thank you.
Small Hands, guitar?
HELLO. I do not know how old you are. My suggestion for you is to do exercises that will have your hand grow larger. Do them in a repetitive basis, so your body will take your efforts seriously. good luck.
Small Hands, guitar?
I dont know what the Chris guy above me is smoking- but you cant do exercises to make your hands grow LARGER but you can find ways to stretch your hands to reach the chords. i have tiny hands too and have the same issue. Try bending your wrists in non-traditional ways. I have seen people with little hands bend their wrists funky. it actually looks kinda unique and rad. Keep on trying. you will get it :)
Reply:I also have short and stubby fingers, and I play guitar exceptionally well, %26quot;where there is a will, there is a way%26quot;!


There are a hundred ways to make the same chords, you don%26#039;t have to do them like the book, nor like everybody else does, you have to find your %26quot;niche%26quot;, and play your own way of making chords! I did !


There are a lot of shortcuts, and tricks, all you have to do is discover them, or watch other guitar players,(this helped me a lot) !


Also what I discovered in my years of playing that different guitars are smaller around the neck than others! You may have to look for a different guitar that is more suitable! (don%26#039;t get rid of the Strat, it%26#039;s worth a lot of money)


The Gibsons are large around the neck, but I noticed that some Telecasters have a real small neck, and this helped me and my short fingers a lot!


Also, the 1950%26#039;s Strats have a V-shaped neck which is smaller than the normal one and this will help a lot!


I found an Ibanez SX series that has a slender small neck and it just about plays itself, it is so easy to play!


If you will look around, I know you can find one, that will be easy to play!


Don%26#039;t let the fact, that you don%26#039;t have %26quot;Jimi Hendrix%26quot; fingers stop you from becoming a good guitarist!

No comments:

Post a Comment